Saturday, June 07, 2008

Hello again

So I’ve decided to rekindle my Vienna blog for my time in D.C. I know I’m not the best about writing, but I’ll try. It never hurts to get a little encouragement though.

Anyway, by the time I post this I’ll be in D.C., probably in my apartment. I’m writing this on the plane for now though.
It’s hard to describe how I’m feeling. I go from excited to scared about every five seconds. Hopefully I’ll have calmed down by the time I’m posting this. It probably doesn’t help that I had to get up at 2:45 this morning. That’s right a.m. My flight left 6:45 and of course you have to arrive ridiculously early, but I’m not knocking airport security I know it’s essential, just frustrating.

I have had a fairly interesting flight however. These some kind of girls’ sports team, at least I think that’s what the group is. It’s not very big, but they’re junior high-aged girls and they keep calling this one guy, “Coach.” Seems pretty obvious, huh? But they’re driving everyone crazy, especially the flight attendants.

Coach was sitting in front of me, but in a very cozy version of musical chairs, he and two other people moved around so another guy could have a window seat. Seemed like a lot of moving, but no one seemed to mind. After the guy moved I figured out why everyone was going to so much trouble. I overheard someone, on the phone before the plane took off, say it was Terrell Owens. I think he’s a football player, but I better check before I post this, lest I look uninformed.
I’m also sitting next to a to a couple that’s in love with crosswords. They’re both working on different ones, and sometimes they work on one together.

I helped on one of them. The clue was “sharks and jets.” They kept saying it over and over. The guys what thinking it had to do with sports like the New York Jets, but I knew without even looking. (Aren’t I smart? ☺) In case you haven’t figured out it’s Westside (still don’t know if that’s one word or two) Story, though it was actually just Westside.

Now that I'm here I have a short bit to add: My roommate's name is Matt; the stairs I have to climb to my apartment are Vienna all over again; and on the way in I pass the Iwo Jima memorial and the French Embassy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jonathan,

I found you!! This is going to be great to hear from you from time to time. Just e-mailed you and thought I would check your blog.....and I hit the "jack-pot"...westside....might be better than George Washington on $ when you were two!!!

Kerry