Saturday, June 14, 2008

Arlington National Cemetery


So in case you can't tell I made it to Arlington National Cemetery today. It was pretty impressive. I got to see the changing of the guard and the wreath changing ceremony. The precision was very impressive, but I did find myself doing what I always do now when I'm traveling: comparing it to Europe.

It was definitely more touristy than Normandy was and it was nice just to be able to walk across the grass at Normandy. However, Arlington is so much larger than Normandy; the size is incredible.

As I was leaving the cold front that was supposed to come through today got here and the wind picked up. By the time I got out of the metro station at Dupont Circle it was raining (thanks for the umbrella, Mom).

I had an original cheesesteak for dinner and now am just hanging out. All in all, a pretty good day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jonathan,

Compare your travels to Europe all you want.....that's the natural thing to do....but you know what your American History teacher aunt would say....

Love,

Kerry